10 ways to getting a home ready for a real estate photoshoot.
When putting a home for sale on the market, photographs are usually the first type of marketing material that is taken into account by either the listing agents or the homeowners themselves (if they are not seeking professional representation). The problem however, is that oftentimes homes are not properly prepared to have quality photos taken. By following these 10 suggestions, you can rest assure that your home will not only look much better than before but also, will appeal to potential buyers searching for their next home, which can very well end up being yours.
Outside the home
1. Move any cars that are in the driveway down the street or away from the house.
2. Move outside trash cans and hoses to the garage or somewhere else out of sight.
3. Move BBQ grill into the garage or somewhere else out of sight.
4. Cut the grass and spruce up landscaping.
5. Ensure pool is clean and free of any objects, toys, pool cleaning supplies/equipment, and debris (such as tree leaves).
Inside the home
6. Clear home office of all clutter. Box up loose papers and store away other related misc. office equipment and supplies.
7. Remove all items out of the shower and bath as well as off bathroom countertops (ex: shampoo, shower caps, toothbrushes, toothpastes, shaving equipment, etc).
8. Clear all items off bedside tables and also, from underneath the bed (ex: remote controls, magazines, books, shoes, small boxes, etc).
9. Remove all magnets, photos, and other-related items off the surface of the refrigerator and also, remove small kitchen appliances and clutter from kitchen countertops.
10. Replace all missing or burned out lightbulbs and turn on all lamps and overhead lighting in the home.
I hope you found this post to be informative and helpful. If you know anyone looking at getting into real estate photography and think they would benefit from this post feel free to share this with them. Also, make sure to subscribe to our emailing list (simply enter your email when you first visit the website) to get our monthly newsletters where we will be showcasing several properties we do during the month along with other goodies as well.
Have a great day!